The MerusCase integration allows matters created in MerusCase to be imported into Case Status and for certain pieces of those matters to sync between the two systems. Below is an overview of how the integration is setup and how it works.
The MerusCase integration is activated by OAuth and there is no setup needed by Case Status on the backend. Simply navigate to Case Status and select Settings > Integrations. From there, select MerusCase as the case management system and click 'Integrate with MerusCase.
This will redirect you to log into your MerusCase Account. Once logged in select 'Allow Access' to Case Status. Then from your MerusCase account, navigate to 3rd party apps > case status and ensure the app says 'Subscribed'. If it does not, click the 'Allow App to Impersonate Me' button. This will complete the setup for the integration.
Once the integration has been setup, cases can be imported into Case Status. There are several ways this can be configured, which will be laid out below. Additionally, firms have the option of importing/syncing all of their cases or individually.
If this is the first sync, all cases with the status = open/stipulation from the last 10 years will be imported into CaseStatus
If this is not the first sync, it will only pull in cases from the last 30 days
Import/Sync All Cases
All cases with the required fields (see integration mapping article) will be imported into Case Status.
Automatic Sync: The automatic sync runs nightly at 9:15 PM UTC and will import/sync all cases with the required fields.
- This is a configurable setting by the CaseStatus team and can be turned on or off at the firms request.
Manual Sync: The sync can be triggered manually by clicking the 'Sync with MerusCase' button where the user will select 'All Cases'.
- After manually syncing, a CSV will be sent to whoever triggered the sync with a breakdown of which cases were attempted, and the results of those attempts.
Individual Case Import
- To import/sync a singular case choose 'Individual Case' after clicking 'Sync with MerusCase', and type in the integration ID
- The Integration ID can be found in the MerusCase URL of the case in question. It is the number after view/ and does not include the question mark.
- After syncing, the pop out will display the results of the attempted sync
Syncing Documents & Messages:
Documents will sync automatically every 24 hours. Documents can also be synced manually by clicking the 'Sync with MerusCase' button.
When documents are synced they can be found in the Case under Activity > Documents.
Messages will sync automatically every 10 minutes.
When they are synced they can be found in the Case under Activity > Messages.
- All messages that are synced will have pre-text that states "Message from Case Status"
- All messages will also automatically have a 'Case Status Message' tag.
Stage & Status Updates:
Currently Case Status will only pull in cases with 'Case Status' = OPEN or STIPULATION
When the Case Status moves to CLOSED in MerusCase, the case will also close in Case Status once synced.