The Litify integration allows matters created in Litify to be imported into Case Status, and for certain pieces of those matters to sync between the two systems. Litify users have the option of adding the Case Status iFrame into Litify, or simply using Case Status as a managed app.
Using Case Status without the iFrame
Once the integration has been setup, matters can be imported into Case Status. There are several ways this can be configured, which will be laid out below. Additionally, firms have the option of importing/syncing all of their matters or syncing individually.
If this is the first sync, all matters from the last 10 years will be imported into CaseStatus
If this is not the first sync, it will only pull in matters from the last 30 days
Import/Sync All Matters
All matters with the required fields (see integration mapping article) will be imported into Case Status.
Automatic Sync: The automatic sync runs nightly at 9:15 PM UTC and will import/sync all matters with the required fields.
- This is a configurable setting by the CaseStatus team and can be turned on or off at the firms request.
Manual Sync: The sync can be triggered manually by clicking the 'Sync with Litify' button where the user will select 'All Cases'.
- After manually syncing, a CSV will be sent to whoever triggered the sync with a breakdown of which matters were attempted, and the results of those attempts.
Individual Matter Import
- To import/sync a singular matter choose 'Individual Case' after clicking 'Sync with Litify', and type in the integration ID
- The Integration ID can be found in the Litify URL of the matter in question. It is the number after Matter_c/
- After syncing, the pop out will display the results of the attempted sync
Syncing Documents & Messages:
If the Firm uses Litifys' third party document management system, Docrio, then the Documents will sync automatically every 24 hours. Documents can also be synced manually by clicking the 'Sync with Litify' button.
Messages will sync automatically every 10 minutes.
When they are synced they can be found in the matter under 'Notes'.
- Topic will say 'Case Status'
- The message will include a note that it is from Case Status along with the content, the sender and the created at date.
Stage & Status Updates:
When the stage of a matter in Litify is updated, the stage will also update in Case Status after the nightly sync of if the sync is triggered manually.
- The stages in Case Status for each practice area must match the exact spelling and syntax of the stages in Litify.
- The stages can only move forward, not backwards.
When a matter's status is updated to 'CLOSED' in Litify, it will also be closed in Case Status by either the nightly sync or when triggered manually.
Using the Case Status iFrame
It is important to note that all of the functionality above will still exist. The iFrame will provide a more seamless syncing experience and allow all work to be done within Litify without having to open the Case Status app as a separate tab.
With the iFrame installed into Litify, matters can be synced with Case Status without navigating away from the matter page. Simply navigated to the iFrame and click the 'Sync Now' button to import the case into Case Status and activate our messaging capabilities.
After clicking the sync button, if the import was fails the iFrame will display an error message describing what required attribute is missing from the matter.
Please see the Litify mapping article for the required attributes
If the sync was successful, a 'Refresh' button will appear. After refreshing the iFrame the space to enter a message will appear so you can send a welcome message to your clients.
Documents & Messages:
Messages and documents can be attached within the iFrame and all of the functionality that exists surrounding this capabilities in Case Status will be present in the iFrame.
All outgoing and incoming messages will be instantly synced with Case Status and sent to/received by the client.
When there is a new message from the client, the red notification icon will appear on the related tab.
Stage & Status Updates:
Updating the status of the matter can also be done within the iFrame. With this method the status can be moved forward or backwards. This too will be synced instantly to Case Status.
Simply click the 'Update Status' button and move the arrows to the desired status. Then click the save icon.