The Clio integration allows matters created in Clio to be imported into Case Status, and for certain pieces of those matters to sync between the two systems. Below is an overview of how the integration is setup and how it works.
The Clio integration is activated by OAuth and there is no setup needed on the backend. Simply navigate to Case Status and select Settings > Integrations. From there select Clio as the case management system and click 'Integrate with Clio'.
This will redirect you to log into your Clio Account. Once logged in select 'Allow Access' to Case Status and the integration setup will be complete.
Once the integration has been setup, matters can be imported into Case Status. There are several ways this can be configured, which will be laid out below. Additionally, firms have the option of importing/syncing all of their matters or syncing individually.
If this is the first sync, all matters from the last 10 years will be imported into CaseStatus
If this is not the first sync, it will only pull in matters from the last 30 days
Import/Sync All Matters
All matters with the required fields (see integration mapping article) will be imported into Case Status.
Automatic Sync: The automatic sync runs nightly at 9:15 PM UTC and will import/sync all matters with the required fields.
- This is a configurable setting by the CaseStatus team and can be turned on or off at the firms request.
Manual Sync: The sync can be triggered manually by clicking the 'Sync with Clio' button where the user will select 'All Cases'.
- After manually syncing, a CSV will be sent to whoever triggered the sync with a breakdown of which matters were attempted, and the results of those attempts.
Individual Matter Import
- To import/sync a singular matter choose 'Individual Case' after clicking 'Sync with Clio', and type in the integration ID
- The Integration ID can be found in the Clio URL of the matter in question. It is the number after matters/
- After syncing, the pop out will display the results of the attempted sync
Syncing Documents & Messages:
Documents will sync automatically every 24 hours. Documents can also be synced manually by clicking the 'Sync with Clio' button.
When documents are synced they can be found in the matter under 'Documents'.
Messages will sync automatically every 10 minutes.
When they are synced they can be found in the matter under 'Communications'.
- All messages that are synced will have the Subject "Case Status Message"
- The From field will display the sender and the To field will display the recipient
Stage & Status Updates:
When the Status moves to CLOSED in Clio, the matter will also close in Case Status once synced.